The Chartered Governance Institute has produced guidance on company directors’ general duties under the Companies Act 2006.
In summary, the document includes guidance on the following:
- The duty to act within powers
- The duty to promote the success of the company
- The duty to exercise independent judgment
- The duty to exercise reasonable care, skill and diligence
- The duty to avoid conflicts of interest
- The duty not to accept benefits from third parties
- The duty to declare an interest in a proposed transaction or arrangement
- The declaration of interest in existing transaction or arrangement
- Consequences of breach of duty
If you would prefer not to subscribe, please let me know and I will download and forward a copy to you.
Contact Richard Jenkins on 024 7698 0613 or Richard@clariclegal.co.uk for further advice or assistance.